SAMTQ Primary division Years R-6
The best of these entries will then be entered into the (NMSQ) National Maths Talent Quest organised by the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers.
INFORMATION & FORMS for SAMTQ Primary years R-6
- 2022 SAMTQ Key Dates
- SAMTQ Outline
- SAMTQ Registration Form Primary
- 2022 Rubric
- SAMTQ Student Cover Sheet
- Possible Topics for investigation
RESOURCES: The following are range of resources to help teachers prepare students for the Junior Secondary Mathematics Enrichment Project (JSMEP), SA Mathematics Talent Quest (Primary) or SA Mathematics Talent Quest (Secondary).
In addition, the websites https://nrich.maths.org/ and https://www.resolve.edu.au/ are rich in possible ideas for mathematical investigations.
- 2018 Modelling Presentation
- HOW LONG WILL WATER LAST
- HOW MANY ANIMALS KEEP THEIR COOL
- BABY IN THE CAR
- Class Workshop - POPUP CARDS
- Class Workshop - PAPER PLANES
- Class Workshop - PACKAGING
- Possible mathematics topics for investigation
- What is the maximum volume of an open topped box made from a 20cm x 20cm sheet
- What is the volume of a unit regular tetrahedron
- Is 64 65 puzzle
- What is the volume